“Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware” error is not uncommon like other errors experienced and reported by most of the Windows 10 users. Fortunately this error is not like other graphics issues which triggers, blue screens of death errors which entirely blocks you from performing any job on your computer. This error is just a popup that suddenly appears in system tray of windows 10 desktop, But still you are able to play with your computer in any way you want. So its very easy to handle Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware error with some proper steps mentioned in this article.
Often it’s hype on internet that Windows 10 is best for people addicted to games as it is optimized well to process graphical data, but you should keep in consideration that windows 10 is right now in its evolution phase. It’s just because the scope of this new Windows 10 is not limited to PC’s but to portable devices like Smartphone and Tablets too.
So Microsoft has a lot to focus their effort on, due to which many of the aspects of the operating systems are not deeply considered to be made error free. That is the main reason people are facing lots of errors like Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. Fortunately most of these errors can be fixed with some simple tricks and not be worried about.
If you are facing such an issue while playing a game or running any graphics intensive applications, then you are at the right page on your browser. It is also reported that many other fixes shown below as mentioned by many of the websites have been tried by the users like they:
- Performed Display driver update.
- System Restore Operation for any possible Windows recovery.
- Reinstalled Windows 10 keeping all data intact.
But it did not work for them for long term. Beside those steps we suggest you to perform the the exact steps we mentioned below, as we taken them in to account by practically applying them to the system which helped people to get rid of Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.
Table Of Contents
Effective Solutions To Solve Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware Error
Solution One – Device Manager To Fix Drivers Manually
This fix can be applied to all other graphics cards but in this article we focused on Intel HD Graphics card running computers with the following specs:
- All Intel HD Graphics 500 series cards (Any Generation).
- Intel Iris Pro 6000 series Graphics cards (5th or 6th Generation).
- Intel Iris Pro 500 series Graphics cards (6th Generation.,
- Intel Iris 600 Series Graphics card (5th or above Generation).
- Intel HD 500 and 600 series Graphics cards (With 5th and 6th Generation).
- Intel HD 4000 and 5000 series Graphics cards (Either 4th or 5th Generation).
- Intel Iris Graphics 500 series hardware (Any latest Generation).
- Just open your browser and navigate to Intel’s Official Website to download latest Graphics Drivers either 32 Bit (X86) or 64 Bit (X64) depending upon your Windows operating system architecture. Or just click on the link provided below for your convenience: (Right now at the time of this article, these are the most up to dated drivers I found)
- Download Intel Graphics Drivers Here
- Move to your download folder and find the downloaded .Zip file. Just uncompress it with the available decompression tools installed on your computer or you can get one free here like 7-Zip. Once extracted, copy the folder to C:\Windows\Temp folder.
- Open Run Utility by together pressing Window Key +R. Now type devmgmt.msc in the run dialog and click Ok. Device manager window will open listing all the available hardware along their driver information.
- From the listed tree, expand the node with title Display Adapter and Right+click on it. Now from drop down menu select first Update Driver Software option.
- Next dialog will ask you: “How do you want to search for driver software?” Click on the second option Browse my computer for driver software.
- From next dialog window containing message “Browse for your driver software from computer” select option below Let me pick for a list of device drivers on my computerand hit Next button as shown in the picture below.
- On next dialog windows press Have disk button.
- From next window with a title Install from Diskwill appear, now from here you can click Browse button. Now file manager will open where you can move the folder where we copied extracted driver folder which may look like C:\Windows\Temp\Name-Of-Extracted-Folder. This folder may contain another sub folder call Graphics where a file named igdlh64.in for X64 or 64 bit operating system, and idglh32.in for X86 or 32 bit windows are available. Select one of those file depending upon the 32 or 4 bit architecture of your installed windows and press Open button.
- Next window will confirm, either you really want to go ahead and install the chosen drivers or not. Just click Yes button and it will continue installing selected drivers.
Now exit device manager once the system successfully finish installing drivers. Now restart your computer so that it loads the new installed drivers recently installed. I hope this way you wouldn’t face Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware problem in windows 10 anymore.
Solution Two: Check All System Files For Any Corruption
System File Checker which is an outstanding facility provided by Microsoft to san for any corrupted Windows system files so that they can be replaced with the new ones to overcome critical system errors.
- Right click on Start menu button or Windows key + X combine and quick access menu will open.
- Now choose Command Prompt (Admin) option so that the command prompt window can open in full access mode with admin privileges. If you are not logged in the system as Administrator user, then you may ask to enter password to authenticate. If you admin user, then just click Yes to confirm in user account control.
- Copy and paste sfc /scannow in command prompt or manually write it without any typographical mistake and press Enter Key. It will start finding/ scanning corrupted system files. It may take a while to complete to 100%. If it finds any file with terrible condition, it will try to fix it.
- Once completed, shut down and Restart computer. I hope this solution would aid you to vanish out Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware error in windows 10.
Solution Three: Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management In Command Prompt
- Again open command prompt window just like we previously opened it mentioned in above steps:
- Copy and paste DISM.exe /Online /Scanhealth /Cleanup-image just the way it is in the command line and Press enter key. Once it completes go to next step below.
- Type or copy paste DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in cmd and press Enter. The command here is same like the above with a difference of /Restorehealth switch.
Once command is finishes executing, restart computer and try to run offline or online game that was generating the error of Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware error in windows 10. I hope you are not going to find this error again.
After going through all above solutions steps by steps, if is not valuable to your specific situation, then please let me know in the comment below so that i can improve my answer. Best of luck!