PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Windows 10, a quiet frustrating and hindering mess, presented on the blue screen is non severe issue, but a chaos which is not just specific to Windows 10 but also to other version of Windows operating systems created by Microsoft Corporation. The only difference is that on previous versions of Windows the same problem was displayed with a little bit different format. For non experience users page fault in nonpaged area it’s just a mess and they could not recovered from it most of the time.
I have break down this article in sections Let The Reader understand the reasons why page fault in nonpaged area triggers to happen and are the possible solutions to handle it.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Lets Get To Solve Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10
Reasons Of Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Windows 10
Whenever an Operating System loads a software program and its data in the Computer memory, it doesn’t stacks up entire files inside small physical memory (RAM) specially when there are a number of concurrent programs running by the computer system and keeping the fact in mind that RAM is limited.
A Smart Memory Manager inside Windows operating system overcomes those memory shortages bye loading a part of a program or a files in the memory and the rest of it are Stored on a virtual memory which is a part of hard disk space that is designated to operate as virtual RAM. That way the physical memory is increased. Ram and virtual memory both operate together bye moving data back and forth between each other in a fashion that cant be observed by a user.
PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA problem mainly occurs in Windows 10 due to the corrupted Virtual Memory file system which may cause due to various other factors like power outages, and antivirus impacting the system files responsible to handle data movement between RAM and virtual memory on computer’s hard drive.
Either RAM is unable to access paging file on hard disk due to errors or either your RAM has bad memory locations which are inaccessible by the the paging file on the Disk drive. Errors in bidirectional movement of data between RAM and Disk drive cause such kind of page fault in nonpaged area in windows 10.
Whatever the reason it may be the ultimate outcome is corrupted operating system files inaccessible by the computer which in turn cause blue screen of death like the one we are discussing right now.
Lets Get To Solve Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10
There are different scenarios to solve this problem depending upon the state your computer is in:
Follow Method 1 : If You Are Unable To Login To Windows
- If you are on the blue screen right now, you should hard reboot your computer system by pressing down the power button for a while. Once it goes of press the power button again so that the computer turns on.
- Once you encounter and black screen displaying Please Wait. This screen may not appear right at the first time you reboot your computer so you may be required to reboot your computer several times until this ‘please wait’ screen appears.
- Ones below blue screen containing two options appear, you can choose to select the first one See Advanced Repair Option, alternatively you can press tab key to select this option.
- From Next blue screen containing three choices : Select Troubleshoot
- Another screen with the title of Troubleshoot would appear in front of you. From here choose the second option called Advanced Options.
- Another screen having title Advanced Options appears. It contains 6 choices. From here select Startup Settings.
- From Startup Settings screen you can Restart the System so that it can load itself with other operating modes.
- From Next screen listing several Boot option, only 4, 5 and 6 are valuable to us. Select option 4 by pressing F4 and you would return to your operating system.
- Now from Start Panel, search cmd and Command Prompt with black icon would appear, right click on it and Run it as Administrator mode so that you can have all the privileges.
- Now the actual game begins: copy and paste this command chkdsk /f /r directly to Command Prompt so that you can avoid typographical mistakes. Now press enter. This command is used to check disc drive to find any corrupted locations and fix those errors. But soon you would realize that the command stop working and showing you a message that the command cannot Run because the volume is in use by another process. Also it would ask you to make sure if you want to check the disc next time the system will restart: Press Y for yes.
- Now we will try another command called sfc /scannow. Directly copy this to the command line avoid any typing error and press enter. Now with this command we are forcing the system to scan disc immediately. The process will begin and would take a while to complete, so you have to wait.
- After completing this process reboot windows and it will move to desktop without presenting you the blue screen of death with the message Page Fault in Nonpaged Area in Windows 10.
Method 2: If You Are Able To Login To Windows
If you have access to the desktop of your computer then you can pretty much easily get this Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10, problem tackled with some simple steps and a number of click.
Step 1 : Disable Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives Option
- Open file explorer window by pressing Windows + E keys together. At left side right click on This PC icon and from the menu select Properties. Alternatively you can search This PC in start menu and right click on it to open its properties.
- A new window with a title System would appear. From that window click Advanced System Settings at left side.
- System Properties window would appear. Switch to Advanced Tab. Under Performance category select Settings button.
- A new window with a title Performance Options would appear. Switch to Advanced Tab and click Change button.
- A window with the title with Virtual Memory would appear and exactly below this title there is an option Automatically Manage Paging File Size For All Drives. If checkbox is selected then un-check it.
- Reset the system and that’s it. I hope PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA problem would not appear again.
Step 2: Windows Service Pack and Device Drivers may be Outdated lets Update Them.
Another reason that may trigger the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area in Windows 10 at blue screen of death, is non compatible or outdated device drivers or older version of Windows Service Pack.
Installing new version of Windows Service Pack and device drivers May help avoid avoid compatibility issues which in turn may help us get rid of the problem. Follow the procedure step by step.
1) Most of the security patches and performance holes are filled up by the Windows Updates so it is highly recommended to update the operating system. Go to start menu and search for Settings. Click on it and a window with the title settings would appear. Under Updates And Security section and click on Check updates. Update process will begin and it may take a bit of time to complete. It is the simplest solution to avoid Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10 in future.
2) Go to Start Menu and search for Device Manager. Once found, after clicking on it check to see if there are devices that have no device drivers installed or corrupted drivers try to re-install them.
Either you can install drivers manually after downloading them from the vendors website or you can use driver search utility like Driver Easy, that can find the drivers automatically for you with a single click.
I hope this article would help you solve Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Windows 10. If any of the above mentioned methods did not work, please let me know below in the comments area.
You may also like to see another articles: